A LONG entry...
Well, today, I received the most number of calls from my customers... Because, we had a new promotion for IBM R51 Laptop... So in the morning when I emailed them, they were quite interested and called me for more details... My first call was by this man, let's call him Mr J, he asked what are the specifications for that R51 model... Basically, what I had was what I forwarded to those customers, so I had no extra information about that model... Then he commented that why those PMs (my boss) never gave me those informations, i was like, "hello? I'm just a temp staff trying to do sales lor, not the IT person, how the hell & why should I know those specification..." but of course I didn't tell him la... Then, his attitude was like blaming the PMs about it, because he got this End User asking about it...
Ok, for once and for all, I explain what does my company do. It's a computer distributor dealing with alot of BIG names in the market... We get the stocks from the BIG names, then distribute to resellers, something like those shops in Sim Lim & Funan, after which is sold to people like us, termed End Users... understand?
(Footnote: specifications like the architecture of the model, the Sodiumm of it, the DDR/SDRM, the centrino b/g, inbuilt wireless, whatever shit la...)
So I told Mr J that I'd get back to him when i get clear of it... Due to my boss wasn't around at the time I needed to ask urgently, I asked my colleague about it. She says it's all stated in the info I was given, some customers just like you to explain the terms to them... so of course I emailed him back about the same thing that it's in that previous email lor... Prior to that, I don't know what specifications means...
After that, I went for lunch.. Sidetrack abit... Hehe... Lunch was at Ubi, the traffic police station's canteen, Shuxian's friend drove Shuxian, Trisha & me there... Red Hyundai Sports Car... those 2 seaters, got behind seater, though cramp but still can squeeze me & Trisha at the back... Then I realised actually I have a slight phobia of small & squeeze spaces... slightly only la... Anyway, we had Penang Char Kway Teow there... After we're almost half done, Shuxian divulge that the Penang Char Kway Teow was sold by her parents... Hmm... Me & Trisha were like, no wonder.. I mean come all the way from Kallang to Ubi, to traffic police station, for a plate of Char Kway Teow?!?! Unbelievable right? haha... Ok, we noted that.. haha...
After lunch, we went back to our company, and when I returned to the PC, I was like, 5 emails in my inbox.. Ok, for a temp staff, like me, normally I wouldn't get back 'so much' emails during a duration of at most 2 hours... I read, that Mr J actually emailed to another person (believed same position as PM), then that person emailed back me and asking me what happen??? Mr J emailed that person & cc my boss, the content is somehow like this...
"Hi XXX, I called Delia earlier this morning, but she replied me something that's neither here or there. I need the specifications, not those info she gave me..." Tell me, how can I not be pissed off? I mean, there's no need to 'complain' me to that person?? I'm just a temp staff and he well aware of that! And the words he used, makes me feels that I'm so stupid lor, like cannot understand what he wants... ARGH... grr!!
Anyway, I tried to retify the problem, by asking my boss about it... What he said, consoled & comforted me greatly lor... He said normally resellers don't ask about the specifications, so he will get back to Mr J personally... After that, I replied the person that asked me what happened... After around 10mins later, that person came to ask my boss about what really happened... My boss explain lor... emphasising the part that normally they won't ask for specifications.. Ok, case closed...
I mentioned 5 emails, only 2 was that above problems.. The other one, ironically, was asking for specifications too, the words he used, so polite lor... Ok, I learned my lesson and email Mr C about it... Know what he replied? "Thank you thank you thank you so much".. I'm not exaggerating lor.. really so many thank you-s... And I'm extremely pleased with the last sentence, "Should be ready to order anytime, will let you know, thank you"... This Mr C really made my day lor...
Mr J spoils my day, but Mr C made my day... And coincidentally, the same issue! I'm glad that Mr C is after Mr J, abo I'll leave the office in a really bad mood!! Damn Mr J!!! ARGH!! GRRRR!!!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home