Nostagic
Today, I passed by my secondary school~ Not an initial intention of mine... But, as if like an unseen force of attraction, was trying to attract me to pass by there~ 4 years already... It's been 4 years after I graduated from there... I spend 4 years in there~ Alot of laughter, alot of strong bonding friendships, alot of team / class spirit, alot of fond memories, alot of different stories, overwhelmed me in that short 30 seconds as I cycled past the big main gate~ The yet familiar, yet distant feeling, the same old gate that I walked in every morning during school year~
I'm a bit ashamed to admit that in the past 4 years, the last time I went back there was to collect my 'O' Level Cert, which was around 5 months after the 'O' Level Results Release~ In the following years, I didn't went back, not even once~
As I turned my head to see the insides of the school, I realised how unfamilar it seems to me~ I realised, the same old school which I spent my 4 years inside, changes, not completely though~ The science lab where we had our first experiment, the hall where we sit for our major exams, the hidden music room which we have our music lessons & my choir, the car park which we always play netball or captains' ball or floor ball or basketball, the classroom of 405 & 406... I wonder how the inside of the school looks like? Still the same? Is there still a garden beside the canteen? Is there still a play area which we assembled every morning on the first floor? Is there still a thrift shop? Is the bookshop auntie still around?
I regret not taking pictures in the school~ If I did, at least, I have something to look back on~ It's too late for regrets now, cause we can't turn back time...
And the coffee shop opposite the main gate that we always visit whenever we want the $2 wanton or char siew mee, changes too... Constant upgrading, you see?
All the upgrading causes people continue to move on, and looking back just depending on our memory~ Things will never be the same again~

2 years ago, my school was organising a fund raising campaign, and I bought this pair which were wearing my old uniform~ My only memory of my secondary uniform, though I didn't really like it~ Haha.. They have another pair which were wearing the new uniform, but since I have no feeling towards that, of course I bought the old one~
And now, they change the uniform already, the one they are currently wearing does not look like this anymore, which is why I cherish this pair even more~
Having a nostagic feeling now~ How I wish I could have a step into the past~




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home